After a lengthy delay, the dual-motor Mercedes-Benz EQA 350 has reached local showrooms.
It’s priced at $96,900 before on-road costs, or roughly $20,000 more than the single-motor EQA 250.
Mercedes-Benz had initially planned to launch the vehicle in late 2021, just a few months after the EQA 250’s launch last June.
The company says it’s been experiencing strong demand for the EQA 250, and expects this to follow for both the EQA 350 and related EQB range.
Its dual-motor all-wheel drive powertrain produces total outputs of 215kW of power and 520Nm of torque – up 75kW and 145Nm on the EQA 250 – and is good for a 0-100km/h time of 6.0 seconds.
Like its more affordable sibling, however, it uses a 66.5kWh battery pack.
Range is slightly lower at 400km on the WLTP cycle, down 26km.
It can be charged at up to 11kW using an AC charger or up to 100kW using a DC charger, and Mercedes-Benz includes a three year free subscription to Chargefox.
It comes standard with the AMG Line Sports package, optional on the EQA 250, which includes unique front end styling with a different grille, front apron and functional Air Curtains, plus 20-inch alloy wheels.
Other inclusions for the EQA 350 over the EQA 250 include:
- Backlit interior trim
- Artico leatherette and Dinamica microfibre upholstery
- Front sports seats
- Nappa leather-wrapped sports steering wheel
- Stainless steel pedals
- Panoramic sunroof
- Parking Package with surround-view camera
Standard equipment across the EQA range includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control with active speed limit assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Blind-spot assist
- Safe exit warning
- Traffic sign recognition
- Adjustable dampers
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- DAB+ digital radio
- Satellite navigation
- Heated front seats
- Dual-zone climate control
- Wireless phone charging
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Hands-free power tailgate
The EQA 350 can also be equipped with an Edition 1 package for an extra $3900, which includes:
- 20-inch matte copper-finish alloy wheels
- Black roof rails and mirror housings
- Neva Grey leather upholstery
- Blue stitching details
- Illuminated sill panels
The EQS SUV will follow in the first half of 2023.