Delta 8 THC is a minor cannabinoid that has only been on the market for a couple of years. But, it’s already become a massive submarket within the hemp industry, largely thanks to its unique psychoactive properties. And, this is especially true in Michigan. Michiganians seem ready to incorporate delta 8 into their routines, in order to see what all of the hype is about. But, before purchasing the compound, it is important to know what state law has to say about it. Also, it is equally important to know how to buy delta 8 in a way that guarantees authenticity, high quality, and compliance with state and federal law in terms of how it’s produced.
How is Delta 8 THC Different from Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 THC and delta 9 THC are often compared to one another. And, there are some interesting reasons for that.
- Delta 9 naturally converts into delta 8 over time, as it oxidizes in the hemp plant.
- This process produces a cannabinoid that’s about 70% as intoxicating as delta 9 THC.
- How they double bond in each of their structures can also differ, as delta 8 is double bond on the 8th carbon atom, while delta 9 has a double bond on its 9th chain. With its different double bond location, delta-8 binds to the endocannabinoid system (ECS) uniquely, so it’s less potent than delta-9.
- Has a high that isn’t as consciousness-altering, but still enjoyable regardless.
- Delta 8 is also unique in that it works primarily with cannabinoid receptors in the body’s nervous system. These are known as CB1 receptors.
Just How Natural Then is Delta 8 THC?
This can be debated, believe it or not, depending upon who you ask and how they differentiate natural from synthetic. You see, when a product says ‘natural’ or ‘all-natural, you often make a final determination that a certain product or substance is available in nature, generated without any human involvement. In this sense, ‘natural’ substances are compounds found in nature.
So, delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis. It forms as a byproduct since delta 9 THC breaks down under exposure to heat and light. In fact, a good majority of legal experts agree that delta 8 is classified as a naturally derived substance, rather than a synthetically derived one.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Michigan?
Thanks mainly to the Farm Bill of 2018, delta 8 is a fully legal cannabinoid throughout Michigan. This is because the state sticks to federal law when it comes to hemp. Hence, the Farm Bill made hemp legal throughout the U.S. Along with its various derivatives, stating only that hemp products cannot contain more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. As a result, residents of Detroit, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, Flint, Lansing, and elsewhere can purchase any delta 8 product that’s on the market.
Take note that’s recommended not to consume delta 8 THC if you have to drive or work. You will become intoxicated. Keep in mind, too, that delta 8 and delta 9 are alike in terms of how they are processed by the body. So, using delta-8 could trigger a positive drug test.
Where to Purchase Delta 8 THC in Michigan
Because delta 8 THC is legal in Michigan, you can purchase any delta 8 product that is available. However, the quality of delta-8 can vary from one product to the next, so it’s important to choose a retailer wisely.
Remember, delta 8 and marijuana have a lot in common, so make sure that you are buying delta-8 and not a marijuana-based product, even though marijuana is legal in this state for people 21 years of age or older.
You can go about this in one of two ways:
There are some shops that sell delta 8 in this state, and you’ll want to use Google or Weedmaps to find a store in your area that does carry it. Be aware that most stores don’t sell just hemp products. What does this mean? Well, that product selection and quality can vary quite a bit. Look at reviews to have an idea as to whether or not a local store can meet your needs.
Hard to deny that shopping for delta 8 online is the better way to go, as this option comes with a lot of advantages that directly benefit you, the customer.
- Better product selection, allowing the customer to select their preferred delivery method, potency level, hemp strain, and so on.
- Better prices resulting from lower overhead costs.
- Exceptional quality due to higher quality standards that help keep a store competitive.
- Clearance deals and special offers throughout the year.
- Options to buy in bulk, and purchase money-saving bundles.
- Convenience of shopping without leaving home.
- Fresh products due to high product turnover rates.
Pure CBD Now is the perfect one-stop-shop for all delta 8 THC needs, with a massive catalog offering all kinds of delta 8 formulas. You’ll find only trusted manufacturers (including our in-house brand) who lab-test all of their products while being able to take advantage of great prices and fast shipping to any residence in Michigan.
You can buy these products from Pure CBD Now. Be assured of quality and safe products:
What Places Should You Avoid Purchasing Delta 8 THC From?
When shopping for most other products that you need, the same wisdom should apply – when looking to make a purchase, there are some places that must be avoided.
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
Although these can be convenient locations, it is unlikely that these places are selling high-quality delta 8. They simply do not screen for quality, and instead are simply looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly. There really is no level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta-8 product.
Never buy delta 8 or any hemp-infused product for that matter from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with their state. If they are not registered, they aren’t compliant to begin with and should be avoided at all costs. Also, avoid buying delta-8 from strangers online, in social media outlets, forums, or on Craigslist/Facebook/eBay.
What Kinds of Delta 8 THC Products Can I Buy in Michigan?
Nowadays, it is easy to find all kinds of unique delta 8 products on the market, with each type offering a one-of-a-kind experience. Just as important is knowing what each kind of product can provide so you can choose the one most likely to satisfy your needs.
- Vape Cartridges: D8 vape carts are compatible with 510-threaded vape pen devices, offering a blend of pure delta 8 distillate and terpene profiles, in a rich selection of strain options.
- Disposable Vapes: D8 disposable vapes provide you with a fully charged battery and pre-filled cartridge already assembled, with no charging required at any time.
- Edibles: D8 edibles offer about 8 hours of effects in the body, along with a stronger body high sensation. You can select from all kinds of delicious flavor options.
- Tinctures: D8 tinctures consist of delta 8 THC distillate and a carrier oil, and simply absorb below the tongue for about 4 to 6 hours of effects. Available in different milligram strength options.
- Capsules: D8 capsules are for those who like the idea of edibles but want a simpler formula, capsules are a great option.
- Flower: D8 flower infuses pure CBD flower buds with delta 8 THC, offering all kinds of strain options and the ability to enjoy either loose buds or pre-rolls.
- Dabs: D8 dabs are concentrates, which contain very potent levels of delta 8 THC that are more suited for experienced enthusiasts. These are vaporized through a dabbing device.
- Topicals: D8 topicals are applied to the skin, offering localized effects to the muscles and joints. They do not get the user high.
These are among the Delta 8 products sold by Pure CBD Now that can be delivered to Michigan:
iDelta8 Flower Alien OG – Available in 3.5grams and 7 grams. These flowers are from the best growers in the USA and laced with Delta 8. The remain fresh in a tightly sealed container.
Delta 8 THC Really is “Great” to Have in the Great Lake State
Yes, delta 8 THC is a legal cannabinoid for any Michigan adult. The good news is, too, that there is plenty of premium-grade delta 8 available in all kinds of exciting product forms. Especially, when you go with a trusted online retailer who will send quality products straight to your door.
Note: Best to check up on the laws periodically as they can change frequently. With delta 8 THC being new, most states haven’t had the chance to give statements on this cannabinoid. Still, delta 8 is likely here to stay. Why? Since it’s a compound that’s legal as cannabidiol is on a federal level.