To print this article, all you need is to be registered or login on Mondaq.com.
+ Associates, being part of the Maltese maritime community,
continues to keep pace with the times actively participating in the
online maritime events, and providing ship registration in Malta.
Shipbuilding & Lifecycle Technology 4.0 focuses on enhancing
the development of smart, digital, and data-driven technologies,
solutions, and processes used for the design, engineering,
development, operations, performance, and end-end lifecycle
management of the ship to ensure they have effective design and
build processes, efficient operational procedures, enhanced
performance, sustainable end-end lifespans, and can perform their
The agenda includes following topics:
SMART SOLUTIONS FOR THE SHIPS PERFORMANCE AND OPERATIONS:
- Delivering a successful, innovative, sustainable &
technologically advanced shipping enterprise.
- Providing digital distribution through localised &
on-demand manufacturing of components.
- Exploiting digital technologies in the design, manufacturing,
commissioning, & operational support of a vessel.
- Innovating and enhancing ship operations with automation,
digital twins and XR.
- Creating real world data-centric systems in a marine
- Seizing the benefits of digitalisation for holistic performance
and decarbonisation management.
- The challenges and opportunities for autonomous
- Sustainability in ship operations through the lens of ai and
- Applying digital twin technology to improve ship efficiency and
cut carbon emissions.
- The relevance of reliability centred maintenance in a digital
- Developing learning and understanding in taking autonomous
shipping operations to reality.
- The value of data in the cruise industry.
- Advancing maritime innovation, digitalisation and
- The challenge of integrating automation on ships.
- Lessons learnt from operational service of the CALMAC hybrid
diesel and electric ferries.
- Non-intrusive cavitation detection system – developing
tools to mitigate ocean noise & protect marine wildlife.
SMART SOLUTIONS FOR THE SHIPYARD:
- Achieving maximum efficiency & reliability through process
automation in concept design.
- The evolving digital priorities for shipyards.
- Developing PLM strategies and PLM infrastructure for the
digital ship platform and model.
- Closing the Loop from design to performance intelligence
through a future-proof vessel design platform.
- Improving marine performance engineering through digital
- Developing predictive planning in shipbuilding operations using
machine learning and AI.
- Automatic MCAD simplification for model integration across ship
- Advancing additive manufacturing in shipbuilding.
- Convergence of challenges and trends driving the need for
- Designing the future of digital engineering through smart
design and advanced integration.
- Achieving true digital transformation of the shipyard.
Let’s grow a digital experience together, join to the event
and meet us on our virtual booth!
We invite the maritime industry stakeholders – shipowners,
operators, naval agencies, shipyards to visit our virtual stand,
book an online meeting with us and we will speak of the advantages
of the expanding your overseas business in Malta.
Register for the event from the link:
To meet with the booth representative please enter the chartroom
visiting our stand on the online platform or send us your query via
The content of this article is intended to provide a general
guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought
about your specific circumstances.
POPULAR ARTICLES ON: Transport from Malta