A new update has been released for Wreckfest Update 2.22 You can find out all the details of the Game Update, Bug Fixes, improvements, and Patch Notes below. Wreckfest Update 2.22 is now available for download, for all platforms, including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. The file size may vary depending on the platform.
- ShadowPlay can cause the game to crash upon launching it or freeze when loading a track.
- Disabling paging (virtual memory) can cause the game to crash to “Out of Memory” error.
- Sonic Studio causes game instability – please shut it down before running the game.
- Experiencing issues with Steam Cloud saving.
- If the game crashes to “FATAL ERROR” after updating, it’s most likely due to outdated mods. First try launching the game with “-disable_mods” (without quotes) launch option (right click on the game name in Steam Library > Properties > Set Launch Options). If that doesn’t help, remove c:Program FilesSteamuserdata[User ID]228380localwreckfest early accessmodlist.mods file and unsubsribe all Steam Workshop mods, then try again.
- Outdated mod tracks may cause the game to crash when loading the track. To fix the issue the track needs to be re-exported by the mod author with the latest tools included with the game.
- Screen flickering on DX11 with certain Kepler-based GPUs.
For now only known workaround is to disable grass altogether.
- Sometimes launching the 64-bit executable results in a fatal crash. Launching the 32-bit executable first, closing it and then launching the 64-bit executable has reportedly helped in many cases.